I have a ton of things to do today, and so have instituted an Ann-and-Kay style lightning-round policy of blogging -- fifteen minutes and then I'm off like a prom dress. Ready, steady, go.
- Not only will I be at Story Studio on February 5th, I'll also be signing at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville on February 13th with my beloved Jenn Rush and Julie Cross, to celebrate the releases of their respective -- and awesome -- new books, ALTERED and VORTEX. Come see us! We will probably be inappropriate. (More info to come.)
- We are taking the kids to Disney next week, which means I will be gone. It also means one of my kids will miss an academic competition and the other will miss a lip syncing contest and judging from their reactions, this makes me the worst mother in the world. Because I am taking them to Disney. I don't even, people. I DON'T EVEN.
- More and more, I am convinced that reading the comments section of my local online newspaper is a terrible idea, and yet I cannot seem to stop, as it is the only way I can get community news when I am on deadline and locked in my basement. My entire social media philosophy pretty much boils down to, "Don't be a jackass," so this is really baffling to me. Why so much jackassery, hometown?
- I am on deadline, which means meals around here are pretty much apples + peanut butter or frozen pizza for the kids, and hummus on pita for me. Except that we are out of pita. It also means my house is a disaster. When I turn in this round of DISSONANCE, though, I have every intention of applying Apartment Therapy's 30-day January Cure, even if it isn't January. I've been saving their daily emails in a folder, so that the day after I send off the book, I can hire a backhoe and restore some order around here.
- Both of my children have recently purchased a game called Minecraft for their electronic devices. I've heard people raving about it, but I have not a clue what one is supposed to do? Mine things? Craft things? Craft mines? Mine the crafting closet? Most of its supporters are either smart or have smart kids or both, so I'm not too worried, but is there anything I should know?
Okay, my timer just went off, which means it is time to start MacFreedom. xoxo